It might only come around once a year, but Christmas parties are a great way to celebrate with your colleagues, friends, or family. Whether it’s a family celebration to a corporate event our brand new facilities have exceptional food, beverage & service to match. Whether you’re planning an end of year grand slammer for up to 350 guests (or 250 guests seated), or a quiet celebration for 15 guests. We’re a brand new 2017 launched venue and you’ll get to see first-hand why we’re one of the best Christmas party venues in Brisbane. Figs on Sylvan is situated in the heart of Toowong, and has the inner-city convenience for guests with on-site car parking, and transport options in a short walking distance.
Enquire now for a copy of our “Christmas functions menu & pricing”. Our Christmas functions are hosted from 1st November until 23rd December*, a minimum of 15 guests required for the Christmas themed menu. Alongside our Christmas themed menu; we can serve up a beverage package to your guests, have a bar tab, or to serve drinks at very reasonable bar prices.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR CHRISTMAS PARTIES
“Fantastic venue for a Christmas party – with work or family – the food was amazing and service allowed us to enjoy the evening”
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
& Download our Christmas Parties information kit
Figs Fairytale Fair – Brisbane Bridal & Wedding Exhibition
Place it in the diary, as this Wedding Exhibition is set to be one to remember. Entry is FREE!
SAVE THE DATE: Sunday 10th February 2019
TIME: 10am – 3pm (Fashion Parade at 11:30am and 2pm)
LOCATION: 65 Sylvan Road, Toowong, 4066
There is free inner city parking onsite. Walking distance of the Toowong Train Station, or the City Cat (Regatta stop).
Meet with some of Brisbane’s best Wedding suppliers including photographers, videographers, celebrants, florists, hair & makeup, décor companies, cakes, DJ’s, bands, cars, wedding dress, suits and Brisbane’s newest Wedding venue “Figs on Sylvan”. Click here for the latest event information and keep up to date with event information & giveaways by clicking “attending”.
Weddings Tasting Night – 6th September 2018
CELEBRATE CHOOSING YOUR WEDDING MENU
– Chilled prawn and green papaya salad, nam jim w/ mixed green salad
– Chargrilled lemon pepper calamari w/ rocket salad
– Thai beef salad w/ cherry tomato’s, coriander & lime dressing
– Spinach & potato gnocchi w/ white wine & mushroom sauce
– Tender eyefillet cooked medium w/wiltered greens & mushroom sauce
– Lamb rump w sweet potato mash, broccolini and roasted beetroot w balsamic syrup
– Salmon, crushed chat potatos, broccolini and sauce gribiche
– Chicken breast stuffed w bocconcini, baby spinach and sun dried tomatoes, topped w basil veloute
– Lemon & lime tart, w/ chantilly cream & raspberry coulis
– Sticky fig and ginger pudding, w butterscotch sauce
– Drunken berries served in wafer bowl w/ ice-cream
– Baked lemon cheesecake w/ seasonal berry compote served w/ cream
Includes wine and beer tasting
$250 for up to 4 guests.
You will be served all these meals to the centre of the table.
Additional guests at $70 per person. (served off same menu)
CLICK HERE FOR BOOKINGS
Queens Baton Relay – March 2018
“Celebrate the Queen’s Baton Relay (QBR) as part of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games as it travels through Brisbane. The QBR is a Commonwealth Games tradition that celebrates the Commonwealth’s diversity, inspires community pride and excites people about the world-class festival of sports and culture to come. The QBR will be hosted in Brisbane on Good Friday (Friday 30th March 2018) and Easter Saturday (Saturday 31st March 2018). The baton will travel from Sandgate to Sherwood on Good Friday, with Western Districts Rugby Club (powered by Figs on Sylvan events) being a major stop at 3:48pm. This is a free community event from 2:30pm – 6pm. Please get here early to allow for road closures and utilize public transport such as the Toowong Train Station & City Cat “Regatta Stop”.
All in the community will have a chance to see the baton and engage with baton bearers. The Toowong community celebration is hosted with Figs on Sylvan Events at the Western Districts Rugby Union Club. This FREE event will feature live music, giant games, a jumping castle, footy toss, sports demonstrations, kids relay races and festival food. You can also test your skills in the inflatable basketball shootout or the 30 metre extreme obstacle course. Be part of the excitement when the batonbearer Simon Newcomb OAM arrives onsite with the Queen’s Baton estimated at 3.48pm. Note – the event program may be subject to change.
As this is a community celebration, entry will be free for all & encouraged for as many people as possible to attend the event. The field will be full of family fun style games and a band for entertainment on the day. Don’t forget to bring your own picnic rug to fill the oval with festival style, family friendly entertainment, whilst we await the batons arrival and a moment in history!
Valentines Day – FEBRUARY 2018
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your love at Figs on Sylvan.
Love is in the air the most romantic day of the year is almost here. It’s time to plan how you’re going to charm your sweetheart. Fancy a romantic candlelit dinner with inner-city convenience and grand views of our iconic Fig Trees?
Expect to indulge in a delicious four course meal, wonderful beverages, and plenty of food-fuelled romance!
- Entrée share plate; natural oysters, peeled fresh prawns with seafood dipping sauce and cured salmon and avocado.
- Main share plate; Chicken breast stuffed with bocconcini, baby spinach & sun-dried tomato, topped with a basil veloute, tender eye fillet steak topped with mushroom sauce. Shared sides of rosemary chat potatoes, honey glazed carrot and lemon butter coated green beans.
- Dessert share plate; Molten chocolate lava cake & red velvet cake served with icecream, raspberries and berry coulis.
- Shared cheeseboard; camembert cheese, blue cheese, cheddar cheese served with a mixture of crackers, grapes, and chocolate dipped strawberries.
(Further dietary options available advised in advance).
- Complimentary glass of Chandon S on arrival.
- A red rose for your other half
- Free inner-city onsite parking
Cost: $145 per couple. Must be pre-booked and pre-paid at www.trybooking.com/TMBY, or over the phone until sold out.
Australia Day – JANUARY 2018
Throw a shrimp on the barbie, grab your mates, and we’ve got an afternoon of entertainment covered!
Live cricket round robin (BOOKED OUT), live music late afternoon. Prizes for the best dressed Aussie outfit!
INCLUSIONS: Four hour beer and wine package, barbecue buffet, blow up pools, live entertainment & cricket + much more.
WHEN – Friday 26th January 2018
WHERE – 65 Sylvan Road, Toowong, QLD, 4066 (Western Districts Rugby Club, powered by “Figs on Sylvan Events”
CRICKET TOURNAMENT: 12pm-7pm (all players must be there to register by midday – sorry teams already SOLD OUT)
PACKAGE INCLUSIONS: Four Hour Drinks Package (2-6pm) includes; Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz Cabinet, Moscato, Brut Cuvee Sparkling, Sparkling sunrises, XXXX Gold, Tooheys New, Hahn Light & Soft Drinks. Barbeque Buffet (5pm) includes; Mixture of breads, rolls and butter, chicken skewers, mixture of salads., beef burgers, variety of sausages,
PRICE – $55 per person
TIME: Beverage package from 2-6pm (food served at 5pm) – bar open midday- late night.
HURRY UNTIL SOLD OUT; https://